This meal is an easy, tasty, and (most importantly to me!) very quick midweek supper if you have a spiralizer. If you don’t have one and you’re having to prepare your courgetti with a julienne peeler, then do this step first so your courgette is ready to go before you start the sauce.
If you’re having a treat night then this sauce also works really nicely with spaghetti or linguini instead.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced or halved and thinly sliced
- Asparagus spears
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 large handfuls of spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon of grainy mustard
- Pinch of oregano (fresh or dried)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Olive oil
- 2 large courgettes for spiralizing
- Small handful of parmesan (optional)
- Sauté the onion, garlic and asparagus spears in a glug of olive oil, with a pinch of oregano for 5-7 minutes on a medium heat, or until soft.
- Add the slices of mushroom and the chilli flakes (if using) then season generously. Continue to sauté for a further 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are also soft.
- Meanwhile, spiralize your courgettes. Once ready, gently heat through in a pan with a teaspoon of olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Creme fraiche and dollop of grainy mustard to the onion, asparagus and mushroom pan, giving it a good stir through then add the spinach.
- Once the spinach has wilted into the sauce, serve a generous dollop over the courgetti. Finish with a small sprinkle of Parmesan and serve with a green side salad.