This is a great midweek supper as once all the veg is chopped it’s super quick, plus it’s a mega healthy 7-a-day hit in one meal! It’s also another great recipe for using up any leftover veg in the store cupboard. None of the veggies below are absolutely essential, just my personal ideal stir-fry ingredients. You can use anything you have lying around that needs using up, eg broccoli, cabbage, spinach etc – go wild!
The combination of the lime, soy sauce and sesame oil gives it an interesting, zesty flavour, which lifts it above your average stir-fry and courgetti lends itself well to a filling alternative to noodles.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 carrot
- ½ a red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 spring onion
- A handful of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 red chilli
- ½ a packet of sugar snap peas
- 1 packet of baby sweet corn
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1″ squared knob of ginger
- 2 courgettes
- 2 teaspoons of gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil
- Sesame seeds
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Prepare all the veg – slice the red onion into thin strips, likewise the red pepper. Peel and slice the carrot into sticks. Slice the baby sweet corn in two, lengthways. Peel and dice the ginger very finely. Chop the chilli, Spring onion and dice the mushrooms and garlic.
- Spiralize your courgettes – or get the julienne peeler out if you don’t have one!
- Next, in a wok or large frying pan, pour a little sesame oil and put it on a high heat.
- Dice the chicken and add to the pan once it is hot.
- Once the chicken is white and almost cooked add the onion, red pepper, baby sweetcorn and carrot. Toss around in the pan for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and toss in the pan for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sugar snap peas and toss for 2 minutes.
- If your pan is big enough add the courgetti noodles, if not then in a separate frying pan heat a little sesame oil and cook them off for 2-3 minutes.
- Once all the veg is cooked, pour over the lime juice and soy sauce, season with pepper and serve on top of the courgetti noodles.